I have finally (somewhat) figured this blogging thing out and now I can get started!
Many of our friends have starting blogging and I find myself reading their blogs often. It has been a great way to keep up with whats going on in their lives. I have finally talked myself into starting this because I think it will be a good way for everyone to keep up with whats going on in our life. I am really bad about not filling people in and forgetting who I tell what so hopefully this will help. I will give a little background about us to fill you in on what has been going on pre-blogging:
We were married on May 21, 2005. Jarrod and I both graduated around that time and moved to Hartford. We live in a rental house owned by his dad and brother until we build. Jarrod went to work for Wagner A/C until last summer he followed his heart to coaching/teaching. He is at Geneva- the rival of where he went to school- Geneva Co. He loves it! The administration, teachers, and coaching staff are awesome. He is very happy! He puts in loooong hours each week, but we all know he would'nt be happy if he didn't stay busy working. I started off selling copiers and have ended up the marketing/admissions director at Hartford Health Care. I have been there for over a year and a half and I love my job too. We both know what it's like to be unhappy in a career so we thank the Lord that we are both happy.
2007 was a very hard year for both of us. I lost my grandfather Papa Joe October 27th. He had a heart attack and stroke and had been struggling with cancer among other illnesses. It was hard to watch him get weak because he was such a strong and independent man who was always on the go. I miss him alot but am glad he is not suffering anymore. My grandmother Mam-mama passed away unexpectantly on December 5th. Most of you reading this who know me has atleast met Mam-mama before. She was always at every activity I ever had. She was like a second mom. We were extremely close. This was by far the most traumatic experience I had ever had. I had been trying to call her to talk to her and couldn't get her. She had passed away in her sleep. I thank the Lord she didn't ever have a big delcline in health- she could still take care of herself. But thats the part that makes the selfish part of me so upset because I (and the rest of my family) was not prepared at all for her loss.
Last October I went to the doctor because we had been trying to concieve for a year unsucessfully. We discovered I have "subclinical" hypothyroidism. I began treatment for that. I had other test and procedures done and planned on taken a medication (clomid) for what we thought was our problem- not ovualting. Before I could start that medicine Jarrod had to get checked. We put this off til the last possible time because he wasn't looking forward to it and we thought we knew our problem. He was tested in January of this year and to our suprise found out he has "congenial absence of the vas deferens"- a genetic disorder. What this means is the "piping" that carries out the necessary male contributor to creating a child does not exist in Jarrod. It is pretty rare- I believe around one in a million. There is no possible way for us to have kids except through in vitro fertilization. All of this news was mind boggling. Thankfully I know a couple who have the same problem. (What are the odds!) So she helped me through all the initial questions I had before we could get to the specialist. And so our IVF journey began. After a "cycle" of testing it was determined that we could start IVF. We did our first cycle this past spring. It was insucessful. The emotions that go along with what we have gone through are unexplainable. It has been tough. Fortunately we have faith in our Lord and know He will guide us through this. God only allowed Jarrod to have a pity party about his condition for about a day before he clearly spoke to Jarrod and told him He was doing this for a reason and it would be ok. Talk about an experience we will never forget! So far Jarrod and I have gotten closer to each other and to God. It has been such a learning experience! After we found out the first IVF cycle didn't work I did'nt know when I would be ready to go through that again. The shots are a piece of cake, the surgeries not too bad, but when an embryo- a living creation formed of Jarrod and I with the potential to continue growing and in 9 months be in our arms,was put in me it was a feeling I couldn't began to explain. It was VERY emotional. I have just recently begun to think about the next cycle. More about that on our current blogs.
Among other issues on the Wagner side of the family that are heartbreaking to us, we have been staying with his mother 2 nights a week since the beginning of the year and will continue to do so. She has Multiple Scerosis for those who don't know. She is an extremely strong woman and is dealing with what is given to her as best she can. She does not want to have to depend on others to take care of her and that drive (stubborness) is what is keeping her going as much as she possibly can.
I think that has wrapped everything up in a nutshell. From now on I will be giving updates on what is currently going on!
Tuesday, August 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment