Jarrod's school year is now in full swing. Football season officially starts next Friday night. We (Geneva) were supposed to have a jamboree last night, but Tropical Storm Faye had other plans. Next Friday night we open up with an away game against Rehobeth. I will not get to be there though. In April we got tickets to the Kenny Chesney concert in Jacksonville Saturday August 30th. I didn't know then I would have to miss the game=( Atleast its not a home game! I try not to miss a game at all. This year I will miss 2- both away games. One for the girls trip to Jacksonville and one to go see Wicked in Atlanta. All others I will be at with bells on;) I'll post the schedule soon. We would love to have anyone who wants to come watch a game!
We are also excited about college football! I can't wait to watch Auburn play and Jarrod has had next Saturday planned for over 2 weeks. His day will start early with watching film from the night before and then his day will be dedicated to Alabama football. I will have my computer in Jacksonville to keep up with the Tigers opening game. We each plan on going to atleast a couple of games in Auburn and in Tuscaloosa. Jarrod will join Amanda and I in Auburn for the LSU game. He will probably be wearing purple and gold. Amanda and I are planning on going with him to the Iron Bowl in Tuscaloosa. Wherever we are when it comes to game time we usually watch in different places- atleast in different rooms. We have alot of respect for each other. Our no crap talking policy (to each other) is how we can handle being married to the enemy every Saturday each fall. See, here's a picture of us at the 2007 iron bowl. Come game time we were at different parts of the stadium.

I leave this paragraph with WAAAAAARRRR EAGLE!
One last thing we have had going is trying to figure out when to build our house and when to try our next IVF cycle. BIG decisions huh! We feel like what is best for us is to start building our house in March. That way the bulk of the project will be in between baseball and football and Jarrod will be able to handle all the sub-contracting and do alot of work ourselves. Too bad he doesn't get all summer off!
As far as our next IVF cycle we have decided the best time to try again will be December/January.
Lots of factors have gone into our decision making process and of course LOTS of prayer. We are both at peace with both of our big decisions.
Also, this week I will begin a weekly bible study. Beth Moore "Breaking Free". Brooke invited me, it is at her church where she and David are the youth ministers. I am excited about it and hope to grow in my spiritual life alot.
I will also be helping with and be apart of an infertility support group. It was started last fall at Calvary Baptist Church in Dothan. It is called Hearts Desire Ministry. Its for women suffering from or have suffered from infertility or miscarriage. The Lord let me straight to this ministry. They had taken the summer off to pray for the Lord to help them know what direction to go with the ministry and how to get the word out about it. I am excited to see the ministry grow and be blessed by Him!
So thats what's going on- a little bit of this, little bit of that, and lots of football!
2 comments:
Hey girl! I just have to tell you! I LOVE YOU!!!! I so wish we were all close together so we could hang out and do thing :). I can't wait for Alabama Football! Roll Tide :):) Oh and I didnt know you guys were going to be building a house..that cool! I have looked into that Beth Moore study also. Let me know if you like it. I am still looking for a job. Getting a little bummed out about not having one. Just keep the prayers flowing for me :)I am trying to stay busy otherwise. Well I am going to run. Catch up with again soon. Love ya"ll :)
Please let us know the Geneva football schedule. Josh and I will drive down to watch a game. We miss both of you! Sounds like you have a lot of awesome things happening soon! You will love Breaking Free!
Post a Comment