Monday, December 1, 2008

I'm terrible at this blog thing I know...

I realize it's been over 3 monthes since I have posted a blog.. Jarrods football season has ended- Geneva had a winning season, but unfortunately didn't make the play-offs. Auburn football has come and gone. I'm relieved this season is over and looking forward to a better season next year. As far as the baby situation goes nothing has changed. I thought that right after the first In vitro cycle ended in June unsucessfully that i would want to try again in the fall. Well fall came and went and I wasn't ready. And... (sorry mom) I am still not ready. I think that if I would have gone into a second cyle soon after the first it would have been easier. But after a few monthes and a good bit of time had gone by I realized how hard going through In vitro actually was. After I had time to look back at what we had been through I am not ready to do it again. The multiple daily injections, the hormones, weight gain, bloodwork, traveling to Montgomery and B'ham ALOT (weekly then daily in the last couple of weeks before surgery), surgery.... but worst of all the unknown. The emotional and pyschological consequences were AWFUL. I couldn't even try to explain. And the fact that we bought the "shared risk" plan. If after 2 IVF cycles we don't have a live birth we get a portion of our money back. Thats so scary to us- if the next time doesn't work..... we get some money back- but no baby.
(if you have no clue what I am talking about- We found out last January that Jarrod has a rare genetic disorder that doesn't allow him to reproduce naturally- our only choice to have our own children is through In Vitro Fertilization.) So thats that for now. Maybe I will be ready in 2009 to try again..

And finally on the happenings of the past 3 monthes- WE BOUGHT A HOUSE! It was totally not in our plans. Last year we bought some land outside of town and had house plans ready to go. We were going to start building in the spring. Well, some good friends of ours that flip houses finshed a house in Hartford. When we went to go see the finished product Jarrod fell in love with the idea of the guest house the house has in the back yard being his "man hut". We told them that if they could'nt sell it and could come down on the price to let us know. It was pretty much a joke- especially since when our sister in law Amanda bought her beautifully re-done house from our friends Jarrod repeatedly said he would NOT EVER buy an old house. Well we all now the economy is down now and the house didn't get any bites from potential buyers. On labor day on one of our frequent trips to the Outback they made us an offer. I loved the house except for the lack of closets.. We worked out a way to build on a closet and the rest is history! We have been in the house for about 2 monthes now and are getting settled in slowing but surely.

Well thats what has been going on since the end of August. Now its December and I can't believe it! Friday will be a year since the day Mam-mama left us unexpectedly... (which was a few weeks after we lost my grandfather). It was a hard hard Christmas season last year to say the least followed by a hard beginning of the year with the infertility issues.

We are looking forward to a Merry Christmas season and a happy 2009. We are happy and healthy and we both love our jobs- we do know how very blessed we are. It should'nt be long before I make another post, but I can't make any promises!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAY! I was so exciting when I saw you had a new post. We need to catch up soon. I miss our weekly talks.

You and your family will be in our prayers this week.
I love you!

Heather said...

Hey! Great to hear an update on how yall are doing! The new house sounds wonderful! I started a blog too finally its ourbaileyfamily.blogspot.com
Hope to stay in touch!
Heather =)

The Howell's said...

Hey Lindsey-I don't remember how I found your blog, but I'm glad I did and glad you had an update. I hope you have a Merry Christmas and a great start to the new year.